Walking by Inner Vision Blog
by Lynda McKinney Lambert
~ Weekly Thoughts ~
Ten Things of Thankful Blog Hop
I love walking my two senior dogs in the early morning darkness. I tell them how much I love them as I buckle Miss Dixie Tulip into her bright pink harness and leash. Miss Mitchell wags her tail as I buckle her into her royal purple set.
2. Blueberry pie with whipped cream and a cup of freshly made coffee for breakfast.
3. I feed the birds from my porch on winter days when snow is deep and low temps. I love to see them flying in and out from the porch. Thankful I have seeds to give them.
4. After a month-long delay and recovery from illness, I can now share Ten Things of Thankful.
5. Inspirational and informational presentations that are available on YouTube – I am reading the book of Romans this year – I like to take a special book and spend lots of time with it – develop deep roots. Watched a great presentation today on Chapter 1 – here.
6. I envisioned a series of articles each week – The Evergreen Journal. I plan to publish one each Friday on my blog. Check it out here!
7. The plumber – no explanations needed on this one.
8. My husband has severe dementia. He was accepted into a Hospice program last week. It is an enormous blessing. For now, I can get some help for him and me. It has been an 8-year journey since he was diagnosed in April 2014.
10. I have been told many times over my lifetime that I am a very strong woman. One New Yorker once told me “You are a tough cookie. You are the toughest woman I ever met.” that was in 1988 when I was doing a fellowship at an artist colony in Georgia. Today, another person said this to me! Often, we begin to see our best qualities from others.
My strength and ability to cope with life’s difficulties comes from being rooted deeply in Jesus Christ and in the living and life-changing Word. of God, the Holy Bible.
I am happy to share my writing in this new volume of Vita Brevis’ Anthology #3 – edited by Brian Geiger. Thank you, Brian!
Ove r 1K poets entered their work. I am delighted to have 2 poems selected for the publication. Brian has great taste!
A Joyful Bonus for Today!
I planted bulbs and plant roots in the fall.
I know they are beneath the snowscape.
I know they are growing and grooming themselves for a spectacular arrival in Spring.
The best things in life take TIME.
Like the Evergreen Trees, we learn to shed and grow simultaneously.
Planted by the streams of living waters.
I wish you all a gentle evergreen-sort of day.
I invite YOU to think about things you are thankful for today.